Having a problem importing. Help Please.

3987   5   2
96 posts
When I try to select import and import geometry it gives me the main menu error “An error occured while executing menu python script. Could not open file…” Im not sure if this is normal or if something is wrong. I had to install a python version into my blender files tonight and this was the first time trying to import an object so im not sure if the python installation did something to the houdini app. It did bring up an error at boot for houdini but I reinstalled it as well as uninstalled the newly installed python files. Now that its reinstalled I still cant get it to import. Can someone help please? Thank you in advance.

Hairston
166 posts
What format are you trying to import from? An .obj or the native Blender format?
96 posts
xtimmyx
What format are you trying to import from? An .obj or the native Blender format?

I dont even get that far tbh. I just select import then geometry and it gives me that error. Im not sure what it is.
156 posts
You should def know what kind of file you are importanting because you exported it with Blender, right?

Try a file SOP.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
96 posts
moonlightkiss
You should def know what kind of file you are importanting because you exported it with Blender, right?

Try a file SOP.

No I just open up houdini and select import and it gives the error. Im not doing anything with blender.
166 posts
You have to export it from Blender to an .obj or .FBX to be able to import it to Houdini. As far as I know Houdini won't import Blender files straight away.

And as mentioned, try a File SOP if you're exporting as an .obj from Blender. Otherwise Import -> Filmbox FBX…
  • Quick Links