silly request - file lister size

6034   5   1
80 posts
I've wondered ever since I started using computers with Windows, why they make the windows so small, they are ALWAYS smaller than the list or instructions they contain.
Could you make the file lister and shop list menu open either to the length of the list it contains, or to maximum length of the screen?
I know this is extremely lazy of me, not to scroll or expand it myself, but when things can be automated that you do over and over….

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg (506.0 KB)

tea-time + rand(FF) = true
156 posts
If you check mark the “Show sequences as one entry” that will shorten your list.

Personally, I would HATE a feature like what you describe.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
1769 posts
better, please give us the backspace key to go back 1 level, and pressing a letter on the keyboard to navigate to a file starting with that letter, i only miss these.
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
80 posts
Or better still clean up your directory. Oh, it's me, sorry didn't mean to criticise - being able to see the entire list, or the bottom of the list is obviously a benefit, otherwise the list would be EVEN SMALLER, or BETTER STILL AGAIN, can THE USER decide how long the file lister can be?

I see where you're coming from moonlightkiss, but this is YOUR preference, I want my own.
80 posts
And since no replies to an eearlier post, can ‘create in context’ be switched on permanently from somewhere?
349 posts
harry_the_cat
And since no replies to an eearlier post, can ‘create in context’ be switched on permanently from somewhere?

Edit—>preferences—>objects and geometry—>default contex creation dropdown, change to in context.

Cheers
  • Quick Links