Merge two particle based fluids.

6464   4   0
4 posts
Hello,

I want to merge two particle based fluids(lets say a sphere and a box) and i want to merge them somehow to create one mesh. Then i want to be able to control them separately, for example to be able to put some more gravity to the box or to add viscosity to it. Is it possible? And if so, how can i do it? Thanks a lot in advance.
861 posts
This is pretty much the default way of creating fluids.

Create fluid objects once per object using the Particle Fluids shelf, or all at once.

If you dive into the DOP network you can see that there is a separate network with a Particle Fluid Object, a Popsolver and a particlefluidsolver for each of the objects you made. They are merged just before the gravity node.

You can also merge the two fluid objects before you connect them both to the fluid solver (it makes it a bit easier).

You can change the fluid properties in the fluid object and solver nodes.
--
Jobless
4 posts
first of all, thanks a lot for replying. The problem is though that i want the two object to create one mesh and not two separates. When i enable the view of the particlefluidsurface of both of them, they do not merge in one surface, but they create two different surfaces. I want them to act as one mesh. I don't know if i am explaining well what i mean. I hope you understand.
156 posts
merging the meshes is fairly simple. its basically point data surfaced by the fluid surfacer. so, all you have to do is merge the two sets of points with a merge sop, then surface them. im not real sure how your file is setup, but thats the gist of it.

so if you have a dopimport1 in one object, and a dopimport1 in another object, you can use an object merge so that you have the dopimport1 and object merge in one object. Or you can copy one of the dopimports, paste it next to the other, then fluid surface it.
“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
4 posts
thanks a lot man!!!!! it solved the problem!!
  • Quick Links