Texture swimming

4439   2   0
15 posts
Hi,
I'm having a texture swimming problem. I have a model with a procedural noise displacement over it, when the camera moves in my scene so too does the noise.
So this means the noise is using the camera space whereas I need it to use object space? This is done with rest position, I'm confused as to whether I should be setting this in the shader to texture space or object space.

I added a rest sop before adding my material sop and rest vop to my shader in my scene, but now when I render the size of my object and its resolution seems to of changed quite drastically.

If you look at the attached files hopefully it makes it clear.

Cheers

Attachments:
object_space.jpg (25.5 KB)
world_space.jpg (33.7 KB)

1631 posts
Hi,

There is a Noise Displacement material which you can dive into to see how to use the Rest Position VOP.

Cheers!
steven
15 posts
I found a solution, for anyone who is having a similar problem here is what I did:
Before my anti aliased noise I placed a transform vop. This takes in P from global variables and is set to transform it from camera space to object space, this is then plugged into my noise and then continue as normal.

This is for when my object is stationary but the camera is moving. Hope that helps anyone.
  • Quick Links