Grid sequential flip/rotation

3830   3   1
245 posts
Dear Readers:

I tried searching for this topic as I remember it having been addressed before, but couldn't find the topic in the search results.

How do I create a grid where each primitive within the grid rotates in order, each one starting at rx=0? I tried using CHOPS but couldn't get the channels to shift, one after the next. Is there a way to shift channels in sequence? I know about the sequence CHOP somewhat, but it requires multiple inputs. I have only one input but 100 channels.

Or, is CHOPS overkill and should I be using a simple copy-stamp expression to do the job? My network consists of one grid 2x2 copied to a 10x10 grid with copy stamping either the CHOPS channels OR a rotate expression ($F+$PT*20).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
markerline
245 posts
a picture of what I have so far. The problem is that the rotations start “in medias res” instead of all being clamped to 0 at the beginning and then sequentially rotating in order of the PT number or PR number.

Attachments:
copy_stamp_rotate.jpg (183.2 KB)

245 posts
Okay. I figured out that I have to use $C in the scroll offset parameter of the Shift CHOP to get a sequential pattern. Unfortunately now I have to search for a way to change the end-condition of the channels (hold, cycle, slope, etc.) In the original Wave CHOP I used to create the ramp there is a channel tab which has this, but in my outgoing Shift CHOP all the channels end in “hold” instead of “slope” . . .

-markerline
245 posts
Okay folks, I discovered it while waiting for a reply: the Extend CHOP does the trick of changing the outgoing and incoming channels to “slope” among other options.

Thanks,
markerline
  • Quick Links