Switch in DOP not working properly

2395   2   0
861 posts
I'm doing a sim with a volume fluid flowing into a container that brakes after a few frames.

So, I need to switch the geometry from RBD Object to RBD Glue Object at a certain frame but Houdini doesn't update that switching properly. If I simulate the objects separately it works but if I use a Switch DOP it fails, it simply behaves as if the second object didn't exist.

What is the workaround to this?

Edit: I also tried animating the internal glue value, but similar problem; it works as expected on separate settings but not when animated.
--
Jobless
229 posts
humm,

as a shoot from the hip i'd ask:
Is the newly - switched-to object created at the same time as the switch happens ?

If the one Obj Replaces the Other, than make sure about transfering Velocities etc. dopvelatpos-expr is your friend

Seb
861 posts
I think you are right, it has something to do with it.

Would I use that expression in the DOP context?

In the attached file I did a very simple setup and did the switch on the SOP level. As I said before, individually the switches work but if you animate the switch it doesn't. Since both objects have a different gemetry I wonder how to transfer those velocity attributes if I wanted to switch objects at say frame 10.

Attachments:
example_break_switch.hipnc (154.0 KB)

--
Jobless
  • Quick Links