strange Edge Divide behaviour

3187   4   1
295 posts
I'm trying to use the edge divide tool to break up some edges. I'd like the points to be connected and closed. However when I turn these options on, the points are not completely connected, there's one left over, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I wanted to divdide the lines 35 times or so, so polysplitting the extra lines in is kind of a drag, which I'm hoping I don't have to do. Any ideas on what might cause this? I'm using Houdini 10.0.465, 64 bit, on Windows Vista 64.

INitial geometry:

Underside after the edge divide, this is OK:

Missing segment
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
678 posts
Huh ? It's still not fixed ?
Anyway, here are two ways to fix this fast. Further you can use $NVTX > 4 to group and select this poly with missing slices.

See you next time, Jim.

swann

Attachments:
solve.hipnc (42.0 KB)

295 posts
Fascinating! I had no idea polyknit would work that way! It should have occurred to me to use the blast and an extra edge divide node fill the missing edges and then just merge and fuse it all! Damn! Thanks a bunch!

Anyways Merry Christmas! Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia!
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
678 posts
jimc
Anyways Merry Christmas! Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia!

Ups, forgot about Christmas.

So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too, Jim (and your wife).

PS. Następne podpowiedzi będę ci pisał po polsku żeby twoja żona miała więcej roboty z tłumaczeniem .
678 posts
BTW. Jim, is this printScreen from your HoudiniModels gallery shows what I think it shows ? Cos I see there something that looks like five fingers and one is showing, I guess, word on F*** .

• Quick Links