download problems

5571   8   1
15 posts
Hi!

i tried to download production build 595, and daily build 654 & 653 for win32.
all of the above are stuck, 20 mb is downloaded then stops. what's wrong?

thanks in advance, paul
ps: i can download from other websites, it's just sidefx which i have errors with.
67 posts
That's a known issue. But the last time I read about it no one had a clue what's the reason. I have the problem regularly, and just by luck, through deleting of the cache, it works after some tries.
IMHO
Lorenz
519 posts
Works perfectly here using firefox on linux…
7734 posts
Maybe try deleting all cookies related to sidefx.com
3 posts
Stops around 20mb using Safari and IE but I managed to get it with Wyzo (without using Fire Download).

I'm not sure if it's a different network they connect to or if it's a different engine but Fox and IE have a different build (and Apple Safari a COMPLETELY different build). If you ever download a browser called Lunascape you'll see what I mean as Lunascape can swap between the different engines or builds or networks.

Also, if my luck had nothing to do with any of that, the file name was changed on the successful download because I already had another failed attempt in that folder so Wyzo put “(2)” at the end of the file name.
13 posts
I am having the exact same problem with some of the Alpha/Beta builds.

It's platform dependent;
I can download regular builds and non Win64 builds fine, my Mac will download everything fine as well, but I simply cannot get Chrome/IE or Firefox to download the installer.

Will give Wyzo, whatever the hell that is, a shot

Edit: Yep, Wyzo did the trick.
7734 posts
For people that are having troubles:

1. What operating system and version are you using?
2. What web browser and version are you using?
3. What are the filenames of the Houdini installations have you tried downloading which do not work?
4. Are you running any non-standard firewall software?
5. Have you tried downloading with anti-virus disabled? (sometimes there are false positives with the Nullsoft installer on Windows)
1 posts
1:Win 7,Win 8
2:Firefox 19.0.2, wyzo 3.6.4
3:houdini-12.5.316.22-win64-vc9.exe
4:no
5:yes
7734 posts
flo.ei: I just tried downloading exactly what you wrote using Firefox 19.0.2 on Windows 8 via the Download > Free Learning Edition link above and it works fine for me. Downloaded the full 268 MB. Mind you, I've got a fast internet connection, I don't know if that matters.
  • Quick Links