Fuse snaping not working ?

3767   2   1
678 posts
Hi,

If I make two points, put them into merge and after that append fuse, and on fuse tick Keep Unused Points, than on Snap tab try to snap those points, nothing happens. You can turn up Snap Distance as high as you wan't and points will not react.

Or even put a grid, pick two points and try do snap them instead of fussing and I get the same result.

Tryed this in H10 and H11 and I et the same result.

Odly enought, if I try the same with a tool I made in H10 couple months ago, I can snap them and if I jump into asset, fuse with snap applied that is inside works as expected, while when I repeat this outside or even try to repeat inside asset with second fuse i does not work.

Anybody can confirm that ?
43 posts
Hi Swann_

Fuse working properly for me in here. Using Houdini 10.

Attachments:
point_fuse.hipnc (40.9 KB)

678 posts
There is a bug in fuseSOP, maybe it's solved now but I heavn't checked it.

I just copy paste my bug report her so if you wan't check it yourself:

I wanted to customize fuseSOP to show in interface number of points before and after fuse, so i added label with two fields:
>
> 1. Number of points before fuse: `npoints(opinputpath(“.”,0))`
> 2. Number of points after fuse: `npoints(“.”)`
>
> As soon as I add this field snap Tap stops working and I can turn up snap distance how high I wan't and it will not snap.
>
> I used this in H10 before and since I had this setup set as permanent defaults I checked is it working and it wasn't. So I deleted preset, reseted the node to default state and again added field with those expressions and it started to work. Saved it again as permanent default and restarted Houdini to make sure if it is not temporaly, and it works.
>
> After this I came back to H11 and I repeated steps but this time Snap Tap again refused to work.
>
> After I investigated this a little more it turn out that if I put node in network view and add label, save as permanent default and try to use this new setup, Snap Tab doeasn't work
>
> BUT
>
> if I first use standard fuse in viewport to select some points, apply snap IMPORTAND STEP, without it it will again fail) and then add Label with those expressions, reset snap do default value and save setup as permanent dafault with added label and now I try to use this modified fuse, it works as expected even after Houdini relaunch.
  • Quick Links