inverting the value of a linked channel in a digital asset

2435   2   1
24 posts
Hi,
I am having trouble figuring out the expression for inverting the value of a linked channel using the section in Edit Operator Type Properties->Parameters->Parameter Description->Channels->Add Links

if I copy over the parameter from my asset to “Drop parameters here to add new links” section I have the following for the multiparm parameter called…

passOn#

I have the following..

Defaults

Linked Channels
/out/renderNode1/mantra/vm_disable_plane#

problem is I want the value of /out/renderNode1/mantra/vm_disable_plane# to be
1 - passOn# value
Any Ideas how I set this up?
Thanks in advance!
Stephen
54 posts
I'm pretty sure that you can right-click on the parameter that you want to edit and go to ‘express/edit expression’. Then under this window you should just be able to write:

1-ch(../whatever)

I did this recently and I think that works…
24 posts
cheers, but that's not what I meant… the channel is part of a multiparm that is created by the user ….
I was using the Edit Operator type properties->Parameters->channles->add links section where you drop channels
So the toggle value..
passOn#
Has a default of
and the linked channels section has the string…
out/renderNode1/mantra/vm_disable_plane#

this means the user can creat multiple versions of passOn such as passOn1, passOn2 etc and each will create a link to out/renderNode1/mantra/vm_disable_plane1, out/renderNode1/mantra/vm_disable_plane2 etc … these channels don't exist till the user makes them through the multiparm … so the question is how do I invert the value (maybe some expression in the linked channels section - but I don't know the syntax here as …
1-out/renderNode1/mantra/vm_disable_plane#
fails
Thanks
Stephen
  • Quick Links