Houdini to Nuke workflow advice?

3602   1   1
28 posts
Hi,
Any advice on getting 3D objects, fluid simulation and data etc from Houdini to Nuke for compositing? No idea what to render the files out as for Nuke.
And also, camera tracking / matchmove data from Nuke to Houdini?

I'm fairly new to Houdini and am bowled over by the quality of everything it does. I'm really interested in compositing 3D elements into video footage.

One thing I'm thinking of in particular is taking a quick shot of a corridor or staircase and somehow building the framework for the walls, floor etc in Houdini, then sending a flood through it. Then getting the fluid simulation into Nuke for compositing into the footage.

Also, if there's movement in the shot, matchmove would obviously need to be involved. Would it be best to perform that in Nuke, and then bring the matchmove data into Houdini to be applied to a camera? If so…any ideas?

Like I said, I'm pretty new to Houdini but prepared to hit the ground running, so I really appreciate any tips or advice you guys may have.

Hope this all makes sense

Massive thanks in advance!
Chaz
258 posts
I dunno but does FBX work?…I bet with some playing around it would. I have used .chan files for animation and camera's. Set your film back correctly.

s
  • Quick Links