FBX SDK Upgraded to 2011.3

5038   3   3
350 posts
Hi All,

In tomorrow's build (11.0.527) the FBX importer and exporter have been updated to use the 2011.3 version of FBX SDK, the latest available. While my tests indicate it works fine, I still expect a few issues to come up for those who upgrade, so I'm just giving you a heads up in advance.
Oleg Samus
Software Developer
Side Effects Software Inc.
6 posts
there's a chooser in the FBX renderop for FBX SDK version, but only one version shows up.
I need to use 2010 instead of 2011 for our pipeline, any chance?
4140 posts
HA. The waves ripple outwards…

I just placed a report in on this a couple days ago. The problem is, the SDK, not SESI, actually determines what versions you can output, and it would seem the latest only offers the latest. Which kinda sucks since this flavour doesn't even work with Autodesk's own Inferno! It also doesn't work with Nuke.

The problem is, this renders the FBX export useless to us. It was a really handy way to move files around the shop. SESI is looking into getting the new ones working elsewhere, but I'm unsure this is going to help most of the people hit by this. I'm hoping others might speak up if they're noticing problems with this version. So far, the only app I've gotten to properly read these files is Houdini. :-/

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
7025 posts
Haven't tried it yet, but yeah that'd be a SEV 1 if we needed to use that version
  • Quick Links