infinite fire!

5615   6   1
319 posts
Hello,

I'm making some fire using the pyro shelf tools. So far they are doing the job well but I have a problem in that the fire seems to have a very long or even infinite life. For example if I set a box on fire, the volume rises to an indefinite height.

The only way I could find of making the volume dissipate is to place a sink above my fire at the point I judge the fire would naturally burn out, to avoid having extremely ‘tall’ fire. Is there a way to make the simulation do this naturally?

On the pyro solver I am not emitting smoke, does turning this off stop the fire from ever dying as its not ‘evolving’ the fire into smoke?

Thanks for any tips.
46 posts
Look at ‘Heat Cool Time’ in your pyro solver. You've likely got a high number in there (like 1). Reducing this value way down will reduce your cooling period. Also, are you visualizing heat, or burn for your fire? I've had more success visualizing and shading the heat field as opposed to burn.
319 posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Someone mentioned to me there is a dissipation dop also to look at!
46 posts
You can use a Gas Calculate dop to ‘dissipate’ your volume as explained in the latter half of this video:

http://vimeo.com/channels/54102#11194348 [vimeo.com]

It is a useful method at times (as in the tutorial example), but it's a bit like taking a machete to your sim as it is chopping your entire volume down on every time step. You shouldn't need to take such drastic measures
28 posts
sorry to semi necro this thread, but you just need a Gas Dissipate DOP, plugged into your advection stage for you pyro solver (and upres solver if you plan to upres).
Blair Pierpont @ weta digital
1 posts
kacheson
You can use a Gas Calculate dop to ‘dissipate’ your volume as explained in the latter half of this video:

http://vimeo.com/channels/54102#11194348 [vimeo.com]

It is a useful method at times (as in the tutorial example), but it's a bit like taking a machete to your sim as it is chopping your entire volume down on every time step. You shouldn't need to take such drastic measures

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.
Watch Skyline Online Free [moviesonlinefree.biz]
1 posts
Thanks you for the post.

————————————
Watch Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 Online Free [warezcc.org]
  • Quick Links