Reversing Inverse Kinematics to no Kinematics

4977   3   1
58 posts
Hi,
I would like to know if it 's possible to go backward frm IK to NoIK
I have two bones as NO IK and then “add kinematics”,then IK,and I set up simple IK between bone 1 and 2,
and now I want to go back to release that IK,just I need No IK,
as was before.
i could delete IK goal in net editor ,but then I get brown colored warning nodes with MMB click : Invalid solver…OBJ/KIN)-Chops…

bset regards,
Ben
Best regards,
Ben
412 posts
you can point your bones to any chops IK solver (or even none for your case) by selecting the bone and going to its params. in the ‘bone’ tab, there is a string that is labeled ‘Kinematics Solver’. If you had an IK solver attached to the bones before, then it should still be pointing to that chop. If you want to get rid of it, just make that string empty and it will not use any kinematics solver.

the reason your bones errored is because they were pointing to an IK chop as the solver and that chop was not cooking properly because it was looking for you goal, which you had deleted.

hth,
dave
Dave Quirus
58 posts
deecue
you can point your bones to any chops IK solver (or even none for your case) by selecting the bone and going to its params. in the ‘bone’ tab, there is a string that is labeled ‘Kinematics Solver’. If you had an IK solver attached to the bones before, then it should still be pointing to that chop. If you want to get rid of it, just make that string empty and it will not use any kinematics solver.

the reason your bones errored is because they were pointing to an IK chop as the solver and that chop was not cooking properly because it was looking for you goal, which you had deleted.

hth,
dave

Hi,Decue
And thanks a lot
I got that kinematic solver
Now I can switch between solvers and no kinematics
Or I got rtl-LMB and select remove kinematics.
BTW,does it mean that in the case that I created 5 diferent IK solvers
I can go in different bone's parameters tab and chose one by will or there are some limitations?
Or for example that I make different IK solvers and export as nodes for future reuse?

Best regards
Ben
Best regards,
Ben
412 posts
sure you can mix all sorts of IK, FK, Twist Affector, No IK and change them as you want. As long as you have your rig setup right to do so, you can have certain bones point to whatever solver you wish. of course each bone may end up needing different affectors and solvers depending on how you are doing the whole thing. you can even have your whole model and rig done and last minute add another finger to the model and add a few bones to work without having to redo the whole rig if you want. and yes you can copy and paste rig setups and solvers from file to file as long as naming conventions are the same.

i dont know what has changed since 6.1, so i cant help you there. but still.. very powerful stuff.

dave
Dave Quirus
  • Quick Links