Default normal reversed

5630   7   0
22 posts
I'm not sure, but someone else already posted the same question same time ago (but i'm not able to find it anymore). Every time I create an Object on the scene it has all normals reversed by default… How can I change this behaviour?

Thanks for you help!
2624 posts
Creating a poly sphere in Houdini and then adding a facet sop , post normals on , works fine. Post up a scene file

Rob
Gone fishing
22 posts
Thanks for your reply.
I'm using Houdini Apprentice 11.0.547. Never had to add a reverse SOP or Facet SOP to default objects before…

Attachments:
reversed_normals.hipnc (36.6 KB)
reversed_normals.jpg (234.2 KB)

639 posts
Just looked at your file. Everything looks fine and normal over here. Normals are pointing to the correct direction as well.
Staff
5158 posts
Could be a graphics driver issue. What graphics hardware are you running, and which driver version?
22 posts
Thanks for you attention.

I'm running Houdini on an old laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450, driver version 8.533.0.0 A03
22 posts
Yes you are right… Normals are pointing to correct direction… It should be a graphic driver issue.

Attachments:
reversed_normals.jpg (158.4 KB)

4 posts
SOLUTION

posted link to avoid redundancy. yawn, yet i still decide to type in this message anyways.
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=101029#101029 [sidefx.com]

i know this thread is kinda old BUT this is the first thread that i found using google which showed me i was on the right track. hopefully somebody as fortunate as me, who is new, will find this thread and save themselves some SERIOUS Q&A.
DO NOT USE THE ATI DRIVER FROM THE ATI SITE! THEY CODED THEIR DRIVER SO IT WILL NOT FUNCTION CORRECTLY WITH HOUDINI, im pree sure. try the driver from asus or something, or the auto install function ATI windows stock driver. it will work.
  • Quick Links