flip solver with goals

2987   0   0
24 posts
Hi,

I have uploaded my first attempt at using the flip solver tools and would appeciate any help or feedback. I am trying to goal the fluid so that it creates a simple platonic shape after a period of being “released”. This works up to a point. I have based the goaling mechanism on a Peter Claes tutorial (on goaling with just plain pops) . I have included a slightly modified version of his pop network in the pop solver of the AutoDopNetwork. Is this the correct approach?
At the moment my setup doesn't take into account the where the particles are before they are goaled, so the fluid “self-intersects” en route to its destination shape. I guess each particle goal should be based on proximty rather than arbitrarily defined by a point number lookup of a scatter sop. I am not sure what is the best way to do this tho.
Another problem I'm having is that I want the goals to snap the fluid into shape a lot more suddenly… but without the particles overshooting their goals and oscillating. I have tried ramping up the drag as the particles approach their goals but the change is still too soft - I would like the fluid to “snap” into place more.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
(And thanks Peter for a great tutorial!)
Stephen

Attachments:
example.mov (435.2 KB)
flipGoal_v01.hip (496.0 KB)

• Quick Links