Black Shader for all object

8094   10   0
54 posts
Hi all,

I dont know what went wrong , but from today onwards my houdini is acting strange , all objects getting created with a black color .. I am attaching a screen shoot , can you please tell me whats happening wrong ?

Platform: linux-x86_64-gcc4.4
OpenGL Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series
OpenGL Version: 3.3.10524 Compatibility Profile Context
OpenGL Shading Language: 3.30

Attachments:
Screenshot-4.png (234.4 KB)

Staff
5161 posts
There has been a regression in the AMD GLSL compiler that appears to affect the gl_FrontFacing builtin in certain cases. I'm investigating this at the moment. You can rename a couple of shaders in the $HH/ogl2 directory in your Houdini distribution, or you can revert the Catalyst driver to 10.9.

To do the ogl2 rename patch, go to the <Houdini-install-path>/Houdini/ogl2. Rename ogl2_face_forward.func to ogl2_face_forward.bak, then ogl2_face_forward_osx.func to ogl2_face_forward.func (essentially making a backup of the shader causing the problem and replacing it with a shader that has an approximation of gl_FrontFace). This problem popped up on OSX for a time last year, so that alternate shader is the workaround for it.
54 posts
twod ,

yes the problem was fixed ……….. thanks a lot :-)
54 posts
Oke , now my object shader is back , but all my shader is missing from gallery , only basic shader I have now , is something related with this one ?
54 posts
Any Help
Staff
5161 posts
Houdini 11 slimmed down the number of materials it ships with, since many of them were similar. The Mantra Surface Builder material is now the shader of choice. Is that what you're referring to?
54 posts
No , I think after I updated my display driver I lost all shader from material palate , I have only one shader “basic shader” , I think something wrong with ATI new driver .

So is there any way I can fix the issue or do I need to roll back to the old driver ? .

Thanks
54 posts
here is the screen shoot for reference

Attachments:
Screenshot-4.png (12.7 KB)

54 posts
Please give me a help
Staff
5161 posts
I'm not sure if the graphics driver has anything to do with this. I've attached a gallery file from H11.0.679. Put this in <install_dir>/hfs/houdini/gallery.

If this doesn't work try removing your houdini11.0 dir in your user home directory.

Attachments:
Materials.gal.gz (615.1 KB)

54 posts
I just reinstalled houdini and copied with the new gal files, thanks twod working fine :-)
  • Quick Links