Coalision detection/dinamic interaction/Rigid BD between two

2716   0   1
58 posts
Coalision detection/dinamic interaction/Rigid BD between two object
Greetings
I have a question regarding body detection at geometry level
This is example:
I ?Lm a drummer,have a drummer_stick and want to play metal_plate/chinnely or how it is called
As soon as a tip of my drummer_stick hit a plate,plate must swing under the beat and contunue swinging
As I hit harder it swings with higher amplitude and vice-verse
Or intercepting swinging with repeated hitting
Also,you can think of slapping me with your palm and my head turns under your slap,or reapetitious slapping,just simple fighting
I need that features of interacting between object as essentials
I see it as backbone of any 3D tool
Is there some tips&trick out there,not willing to be feeded but rather
to explore

Solution A) CHOP approach
I think that I attach null to tip of my “drummer_stick”,“ I call it ”stick_tip_null“,and than with ”object CHOP“ bind motion of plate with stick_tip_null
It is ”inverse squere distance“ which give closest value between the two,meaning as soon as tip of my drummer stick comes close to the plate,
a minimal distance,a impulse is fired,which in turn means in that moment I add (with offsetting)a swing(actuallly rotation around x and z axes) to plate
That is a CHOP approach-Rollercoaster tutorial.

THE PROBLEM A_1): But the problem arises when intercepting the plate swing after first hit,repeatitious hitting of swinging plate as it can be seen
in attached file.It has to respond dinamicaly upon the every seqenced hit

The PROBLEM A_2):The swinging of the plate must responda approprietely to
power of the hit;as I hit harder it swings with higher amplitude and vice-verse.

Solution A_2.1 Maybe I can bind the amplitude of swinging with
the time drummer_stick_tip needs to hit the plate,meaning less time,
stronger hit,higher amplitude of the plate amplitude

Solution A_2.2 Or to use path lenght,meaning shorter path,weaker hit,
lower amplitude of plate swing

Solution A_2.3 Velocity if I can call it the both solution above,meaning
the time stick needs to hit plate,and the path/distance between stick
and the plate

Solution B) Coalision detection approach object/geometry level or rigid body dinamics
(I don?Lt kknow if I can user RBD at all for this case of simulation,but I ?Ll give it a try.)
It is simple and better solution I think,it just detects coalision between the two object and one object tries to ”avoid“ detection reacting upon action (plate ”jumps" under the stick beats) adding
than additional motions either manually or with automation( CHOP) , rotation around x and z axes, again swinging

I attached the file?Ls link:
http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?s=8d7d563b152fe6e566b63bdb50e19849&act=ST&f=15&t=1699 [odforce.net]

Best regards,
Ben
ben_lumumb@chello.at
Best regards,
Ben
  • Quick Links