$HITTIME, stamp() and Copying

2778   3   0
61 posts
Hi,

I have hit a brickwall, wondering if anyone has an expression hinty hint.

I want to automate is the copying of some geo sequences with the copySOP via collision events, so I am adding to the points the $HITTIME and $HITPOS attributes from the collisionPOP. I can see my attributes for hittime on the copySOP but this attribute is a true or false value that lasts just for the collision frame. I tried setting the collision event to =$F but again, I get the collision frame number but it still disappears.

So how can you get the hittime event (via expression?) to remain static as the collision frame number/attribute value? And then, how would you pick up the attribute per $ID in the copySOP as a variable value for use upstream in a stamp function?

Any help much appreciated,
thank you.
639 posts
if( $HITTIME >= $T, $TRUE, $FALSE)
61 posts
hi,

Thanks! Well… almost. The $TRUE, $FALSE values error out for me but if I substitute as :
if($HITTIME >= $T, $T, ((24*$HITTIME)+1))

I get either the hittime frame value stored or a negative value if not, so that works out fine.

Now the issue, how do I pickup such an attributeon the copy stamp in order to stamp()? Its definitely there in the spreadsheet when I turn on point template attributes but doesn't seem available as a stamp variable.

cheers
61 posts
ok, so I can get a solution by adding a ForEach after my copySOP and referencing the attribute in there. It does seem like I am missing something about the copySOP here- that you only have access just to the built in attribute variables within the stamp section, but that you can't mix a stamp() function for the incoming ‘copy’ geometry with the ‘template point attributes’ of the incoming points. Even though they are there when you click on ‘template point attributes’. And the stamp() function placed upstream doesn't seem to like a point() expression to reference the variable either. Hummmm..
  • Quick Links