OSX LION

48674   58   2
10 posts
I have the last release of Xcode and Lion. Houdini crashes almost immediately at the launch. :cry:
279 posts
moenen
I have the last release of Xcode and Lion. Houdini crashes almost immediately at the launch. :cry:

which build of Houdini ?
10 posts
I have the HD non commercial edition and I have just discovered the daily build release for Lion. At the moment I can launch the app without any problem, but I can't open the help at launch. I receive this message:

Could not initialize the help server:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/houdinihelp/__init__.py”, line 38, in <module>
from houdinihelp.wiki import WIKI, page_to_html, string_to_html, string_to_xml
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/houdinihelp/wiki.py”, line 10, in <module>
from wikiparser.filters.trees import (block_attribute_elements, color_syntax, group_by_type,
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/wikiparser/filters/trees.py”, line 20, in <module>
from pygments.lexers import get_lexer_by_name
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/lexers/__init__.py”, line 21, in <module>
from pygments.plugin import find_plugin_lexers
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/plugin.py”, line 39, in <module>
import pkg_resources
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 657, in <module>
class Environment(object):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 660, in Environment
def __init__(self, search_path=None, platform=get_supported_platform(), python=PY_MAJOR):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 55, in get_supported_platform
plat = get_build_platform(); m = macosVersionString.match(plat)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/11.0.833/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 187, in get_build_platform
plat = get_platform()
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/util.py”, line 98, in get_platform
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/sysconfig.py”, line 537, in get_config_vars
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/sysconfig.py”, line 405, in _init_posix
DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)
279 posts
Help seems be a problem with Lion. But houdini works.
4 posts
Houdini 11.1 and 11.0.885 and 11.0.779 not start on my mac.i am use mac os x lion.

Houdini not see license.when Houdini start he open license administrator,license be available in administrator.
sorry for my english.help me
on snow leopard Houdini works.
15 posts
Hmm 11.1 works fine for me on lion
789 posts
I have that exact same problem, and have been told it is a know issue.

Cheers,
Koen
4 posts
4 posts
WORKSSSSS!!!!!!!!

problem in video driver )))))
789 posts
Hello,

I would love to solve this as well.

Could you explain a bit more about the problem in the video driver? What did you change?

Thanks,
Koen
4 posts
i am using hackintosh.my video cart inject from chameleon boot loader, and i wrote in dsdt.after that houdini it worked

if you have original mac(iMac,mac book.mac…) and Nvidia video cart try new driver from nvidia web site( http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html [nvidia.com] )
789 posts
Ah, thanks for the information. I am running on a macbook pro. Perhaps I'll wait for an official fix from side-fx. Good job on getting yours up and running!

Koen
Staff
1255 posts
moenen
DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable to open /usr/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h (No such file or directory)

Hi All,

Just an update. If you upgraded to OSX Lion and don't have help anymore in Houdini and the above error message appears in the Terminal (assuming you started Houdini from a terminal), then you can do the following:

1. Download and install the latest XCode.
2. Open a Terminal.app and run the following:

sudo mkdir -p /usr/include
cd /usr/include

# This ‘ln’ command is actually a single line.
# It just appears as multiple lines because of word-wrapping in the forum.
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 python2.6

What this does is create a symbolic link from where Python is expecting pyconfig.h to exist to where the OSX Lion and XCode upgrades have moved pyconfig.h to.

Cheers,
Rob
23 posts
Rob,

I ran the code you mentioned and still receive the same error. Version of Xcode is Version 4.3.2 (4E2002). Sorry for the length:

Kevin-MItchells-Mac-Pro:include kevinmitchell$ Could not initialize the help server:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/houdinihelp/__init__.py”, line 40, in <module>
from houdinihelp.wiki import WIKI, page_to_html, string_to_html, string_to_xml
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/houdinihelp/wiki.py”, line 10, in <module>
from wikiparser.filters.trees import (block_attribute_elements, color_syntax,
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/houdini/python2.6libs/wikiparser/filters/trees.py”, line 20, in <module>
from pygments.lexers import get_lexer_by_name
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/lexers/__init__.py”, line 21, in <module>
from pygments.plugin import find_plugin_lexers
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pygments/plugin.py”, line 39, in <module>
import pkg_resources
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 657, in <module>
class Environment(object):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 660, in Environment
def __init__(self, search_path=None, platform=get_supported_platform(), python=PY_MAJOR):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 55, in get_supported_platform
plat = get_build_platform(); m = macosVersionString.match(plat)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/12.0.603/Resources/python/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pkg_resources.py”, line 187, in get_build_platform
plat = get_platform()
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/util.py”, line 98, in get_platform
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/sysconfig.py”, line 537, in get_config_vars
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/distutils/sysconfig.py”, line 405, in _init_posix
5 posts
Having the same problem pyconfig.h (No such file or directory) - I have installed the latest version of Xcode (4.3.2)

I ran the following but with no luck

cd /usr/include

sudo ln -sf /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 python2.6

Any ideas anyone
1 posts
Hey there,

You don't need to have Xcode installed, you just need to have python installed. Which is installed with all versions of Lion.

This is correct, except you just need to change your location to where lion has installed python - for me it's this…

cd /usr/include

sudo ln -sf /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 python2.6
150 posts
I'm experiencing this situation too - no help works in lion for me. i have the latest xcode and python 2.7 installed
https://openfirehawk.com/ [openfirehawk.com]
Support Open Firehawk - An open source cloud rendering project for Houdini on Patreon.
This project's goal is to provide an open source framework for cloud computing for heavy FX based workflows and allows end users to pay the lowest possible price for cloud resources.
191 posts
make sure that the command line tools in xcode are installed.

1. Open up Xcode
2. Go to Preferences
3. Under Downloads / Install the Command Line Tools.

After that it should work
150 posts
great thanks, worked like a charm.
https://openfirehawk.com/ [openfirehawk.com]
Support Open Firehawk - An open source cloud rendering project for Houdini on Patreon.
This project's goal is to provide an open source framework for cloud computing for heavy FX based workflows and allows end users to pay the lowest possible price for cloud resources.
  • Quick Links