Particles

2385   2   1
16 posts
Hi,

I have a simple problem within my particle network, thought someone might know. Basically im trying to create a second set of trails from an explosion of points but they dont follow the paths of the particles ?

I have tried adding a trail sop after my popnet but im after a second set of splitting particles.

Essentially i am aware there is a fireworks node in houdini but how could this be linked to birth from the position of multiple particles and follow its path ?

Thank you

Attachments:
Simple_Problem.hipnc (124.5 KB)

112 posts
I think you should turn on preserve group option on `EXPLOSION POINTS' and increase the oversampling on popnet.

Attachments:
simple_problem_119.hipnc (126.8 KB)

16 posts
Also is there a way to use a force node on a per particle basis ? As what Im after is the birth particles creating static trials in the air, the birth particles then are added to a dead group, which then drives a force node to pull the trails down individually.

I have looked over the popevent but seems to be a 0 to 1 trigger and the limit/collision nodes seem to only work when the particles have hit something. What im after is a way to use a group to tell each piece to fall.

Thank You
  • Quick Links