product / medical visualization and illustration

3521   2   1
8 posts
hi everybody,

i have been looking at houdini apprentice and the videos here at sidefx for a couple of days and i'm kind of amazed

my 3d needs are mainly in product visualization, medical vis and illustration (and to a certain degree archives) with modeling and rendering in modo. unfortunately (or fortunately - who knows ) more and more clients require animations with effects (fluids, gas, welding etc), which also seem to get longer and longer. i would like to provide solutions to this… and modo's network renderer is surely not the right solution (not really stable and reliable…).

is houdini / mantra the right direction to look for these needs? is houdini / mantra generally used in these fields?

i'd be more than thankful for every answer.

david

edit:
will houdini work with sds or pixar sds made with modo?
8 posts
no comments / thoughts at all? please let me know, in case the way i express myself isn't clear or it's just a stupid question etc

thanks,
dave
1615 posts
I can't comment on product visualisation, but for medical visualisation we use Houdini and mantra successfully. Germs, cell structures, hormone fluids etc are all pretty easy to set up with the Houdini toolset, and mantra rendering is stable and reliable.
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
  • Quick Links