H12 RBD constraints with Bullet

4490   1   1
21 posts
I am having some trouble getting bullet to respect the Two state Constraint Relationship DOP. I am trying to make a spring constraint break based on the distance of its anchors. Even when the constraint has changed according to the details view, Bullet still treats the constraint almost like a spring constraint. Am I doing something wrong or does Bullet not yet fully support the Two state Constraint Relationship DOP?

For the sake of simplicity I have just used the rbd spring constraint HDA in my example file. My real scene is more messy. But the same problem shows up in both. I just want to make sure there isn't something else I could try to get this to work as expected.

Attachments:
bullet_constraint_file.hip (497.6 KB)

11 posts
eestrada
I am having some trouble getting bullet to respect the Two state Constraint Relationship DOP. I am trying to make a spring constraint break based on the distance of its anchors. Even when the constraint has changed according to the details view, Bullet still treats the constraint almost like a spring constraint. Am I doing something wrong or does Bullet not yet fully support the Two state Constraint Relationship DOP?

For the sake of simplicity I have just used the rbd spring constraint HDA in my example file. My real scene is more messy. But the same problem shows up in both. I just want to make sure there isn't something else I could try to get this to work as expected.

Engine Advantages Limitations
Bullet
This is the new default solver in Houdini 12. It is faster than the Houdini RBD solver and can handle large data sets.

Supports dynamic fracturing, and is the only solver that can support the glue adjacent feature.

Works with convex triangle meshes, but you should only use convex meshes.

Currently, bullet does not work perfectly with spring constraint. Specifying a spring length has no effect for the Bullet solver.

The Bullet solver does not have the option to distinguish resting impact in impact data.

Does not support scaling at the object level.

Too bad man
  • Quick Links