UVPelt error

2933   0   0
20 posts
Hi everyone,

So I have this setup in which I loop over a bunch of groups (geometry that I cut up with a voronoi) and I'm trying to apply a pelt to each piece so I can get some nice seamless non-overlapping UVs.

However I keep getting an error saying this:
- No boundary edges are connected to the hint primitive.

Now I'm guessing the problem is that the hint primitive needs to be one of the primitives on the edge of the cut made by the voronoi, but how can I find such a face?
Since I'm also doing a polyextrude on the geometry I already tried reading out a face from the “side” group (which forms the outer edge of each piece), however I can't find a good expression to do that (I tried the primlist expression, however that gives an error since it returns a list and not just a single primitive number).
I also tried using a simple Sort to X, Y or Z, but that doesn't work (I guess because not every group has the outer edge to one of those directions, which makes sense).

So yeah, basically I need something to find a good hint primitive that the pelt can use, I think.

The strange thing though is that it seems to work fine every now and then, but I guess those times it's just luck that every 0 primitive is on the edge. Also because the geometry is cut up it isn't exactly the neatest when it comes to numbering (and the fact it's a fairly big model loaded in from another program doesn't help either).
  • Quick Links