How to create an Asset from this Subnetwork

2973   4   1
383 posts
In the attached File is an example of a vector field visualization in SOP context.
It works fine, but I would like to make it easy to reuse and build a asset from the subnet subnetVolumeViz. I stumbled over some difficulties in the process.
How can I promote the parameter Plane Position of the encapsuled DOP Network ?
How can I access the sub network input #1 in the dopnet context ?

thanks for any advice

Attachments:
VectorFieldViz.hipnc (66.6 KB)

www.woogieworks.at
383 posts
Just succeeded in creating the asset.
I wanted to share the asset in case someone is interested in it.

Attachments:
GradientVisualization.otl (6.3 KB)

www.woogieworks.at
383 posts
The gradient visualization looks quite nice in opengl, but if I try to render the lines in mantra I get those broad bands ( screenshot ).
How can I define the line thickness in mantra ?
Can mantra shade the lines as tubes without creating the geometry at sop level ? In Lightwave there was a parameter line thickness which could be set negative, which would result in those tubes ..

Attachments:
GradientVisualization.png (372.2 KB)

www.woogieworks.at
1914 posts
You can add a ‘width’ point attribute to control the width of lines when rendered. I believe the default is something like 0.05.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
383 posts
graham
You can add a ‘width’ point attribute to control the width of lines when rendered. I believe the default is something like 0.05.
Worked like a charm !!

.., but I stumbled into to the next problem…
I animated the Viz Plane Position with two keyframes, but the values dont seem to get propagated. The parameter values change (the slider is moving) but the asset doesnt react. If I drag the slider manually everything works ..
in the asset I use relative references ( ch(“../../parmPlanePosition”) ) ..

.. and is it possible to smooth, or subdivide the streamers from the gradient visualization ? A simple subdivide node doesnt seem to work… but I just figured out that the convert to bezier node works .. which just leaves the problem with the keyframe updates ..
www.woogieworks.at
  • Quick Links