Flip simulation problem

2928   3   1
16 posts
Hi guys,
I'm working on a fluid droplet simulation, and I have a strange issue concerning collision of flip particles with a geometry. Check the following video to understand my problem, particles are not stuck when the collision mesh is going down, they are staying for one frame in air and then getting down on the mesh. Of course there is gravity. I've checked the substeps, but I can't find a solution for this problem. Launch the simulation in the scene and you will see this issue around frame 18.
Thanks a lot for your help !
Here is the vid :

http://insaniaweb.com/debug_partsjump.mov [insaniaweb.com]

Attachments:
debug.hip (1.6 MB)

16 posts
Up !
373 posts
I think all you should have to do, since it's a deforming object, is add a trail sop to your original object (since it's not changing point counts), set it to compute velocity, and then on the flip solver change the collisions/collsion type from rigid to point. This way the solver will be able to tell where the object is going to move much more accurately. Also, is there a reason you need to do this as a simulation? Not sure the grand scope of the project, but it seems like you could just lock the points onto the surface instead, no?
Ian Farnsworth
16 posts
Thanks for your answer Ian, it works much better using point velocity :wink: I thought that increase the static object divisions would be enough to provide precise collisions…
Concerning the simulation, the aim is to get some slides on the box (a sugar box floats on a river, with droplet on top of it), droplets must move depending on the box orientation !
  • Quick Links