Hot or not? How would you rate it?

7669   3   0
237 posts
Have you tried an asset out? If so what did you think of it? Was there just a little something that it needed to make it better? Maybe communicate this to the author in a PM.

Or philosophy here, is that the Orbolt Asset store is a resource for artists and regulated mostly by its community. We feel that it might be meddlesome if Side Effects rated your work. Sure, we make the tools, but you're the artists. It's your opinion that matters.

We think it's best for you the artists to rate each others work. What do you think?

Attachments:
The-Orbolt-Store-Banner.jpg (36.3 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
ratings would be good but should be more than just a ‘like’ or a star…something like Amazon: a rating out of 5 (or 10 etc) and a comment.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
20 posts
Last time I checked I saw an option on Orbolt beneath each asset to give it a 0-5 star rating and write a comment with it…

The average star rating is also displayed below each asset in the list (just below the prices).

The main problem is that there aren't that many customers yet (at least that's what it looks like to me) and only a very small percentage of those customers can be bothered to write a review (that's always the case, many products in other stores have no user reviews even though they've been sold hundreds of times).

I agree it might be worthwhile to promote reviewing assets though, so people can see what someone thinks who didn't make the asset. I'm not sure if that should be the people from SideFX (they got plenty to do already with approving assets), but on the other hand it is nice to see a review from a respected source and it probably isn't too much work to write a small review while approving an asset (at least I assume it's more work than just hitting “approve” somewhere).
237 posts
Yes, you can add comments when you rate an asset.

As far as workload goes, we can write reviews or comments. We just figured that we should stay impartial. Although what I am hearing is that, while we are still building traffic, maybe a SESI review/comment is better than nothing?

Oh yeah, a quick note on approvals. Most times it's fairly fast and interesting, but occasionally, they can be tricky! Especially utility nodes that require some specific inputs.

So please have mercy on us and include a sample file, and tip on how to use it. In the end you customers will thank you too.

Cheers
Martin
  • Quick Links