question about group

1452   0   0
48 posts
1. Hi i have a geo and i created couple of primitive groups. If i apply a ‘transform’ node, then in the parameter box, i have an option to select the group to be modified. I don't want to select from pulldown.So i select in viewer (mode : primitive groups) but as i make the selection in parameter box, as result ,i didn't get the group name. I will only get the primitive ID.
Is it possible to select prim group in viewer and have its name in parameter. The problem with this current method is if i modify the content of that group, the transform won't be valid anymore as it will pickup the wrong object.

2. is there any way i can display something like ‘group list’ view/table ? maybe similar like detail view. So i want to be able to check which part of my object in viewer have relationship with which group name ? In case like i'm doing partitioning , i will get groups like : name_<number> which is quite generic. When i try to select from pulldown then i don't know which group to select (trial and error). if i select in viewer then i will hit problem #1 above. If i have group list view, for example i can click item in the list/table and see it hightlighted in viewer so i now which part is in which group.

Thanks
Andi
  • Quick Links