12.1 HD Apprentice to 12.5 update not HD?

5836   8   2
26 posts
I purchased HD Apprentice and then updated to 12.5. It appears that the 12.5 is not HD (renderings cannot go up to 1920 X 1080). What do I need to do?
84 posts
open your license administrator, and run File -> Install Linceses
57 posts
Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem. I purchased the HD edition yesterday which appears to have installed a license for 12.0 but not 12.5. I did the install licenses thing through the license administrator and that didn't change the situation.

The License Administrator shows
Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 12.5
Render-NonCommercial 12.5
Render-NonCommercial 12.0
Houdini-Apprentice-HD 12.0

I assume that last one should read 12.5. Any other ideas? Thanks!
Will
3 posts
Hey!

New to the forum here. Just wanted to chime in.

I have the same issue. I have a H12 Apprentice HD license but I show no entitlements for a H12.5 license of Apprentice HD and my H12 license has not yet expired. I assume I am eligible for this upgrade as stated in the purchasing terms.

I went through the license manager and it shows the same:

Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 12.5
Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 12.0
Render-NonCommercial 12.5
Render-NonCommercial 12.0
Houdini-Apprentice-HD 12.0

Houdini just runs as the free edition. I only have three months left on my H12 HD license so I was just going to purchase an upgrade to H12.5 HD but I'm hesitant to do so if this is an issue.

Thanks!
@990adjustments
35 posts
I just purchased a new 12.5 licence, logged in selected the options for 12.5 there were only two Houdini-Master-NonCommercial 12.5 and Render-NonCommercial 12.5 I believe. Rendered out a 1920x1080 image and everything works fine.

Juan
Staff
121 posts
Hi All,

If you are not seeing the H12.5 licenses that you think you should have, please contact Support@SideFx.com. Please let us know the name, or e-mail address, under which your H12.5 license was purchased. And also send in a License Diagnostic for your computer

To obtain diagnostic information, please open the license administrator, (from the Applications menu, under the Houdini folder), and go to View -> Diagnostic Information.

Support will work with you to get this problem solved!
Side Effects Technical Support
3 posts
Thanks! Got it resolved.

Ended up buying a new license. The License Administrator app however, was not allowing me to install the Houdini FX(Generic Houdini-Master-NonCommercial) license. It always appeared grayed out.

I installed the keys manually and it solved the problem.
@990adjustments
57 posts
A new license entitlement email came in yesterday. Now doing the Install Licenses step fixed the problem.

Thanks,
Will
11 posts
For me this does not work. I've bought my license on 11.3 which is of course a 12.0 license. I have tried to install the license again, by returning and checking out using the licence administrator but I always get a 12.1 HD Version. So the question is, is it possible to update a 12.1 HD version to 12.5 HD ?

Br.
Chris
  • Quick Links