dynamically evolving cracks

2646   2   0
12 posts
Hello

I am trying to crack an object, a glass container to be precise, but I'm trying to make the cracks to gradually form on top of the geometry, not instantly appearing.

The voronoi fracture asset does crack the geometry perfectly but does so instantly in the entirety of the geometry. The bullet solver (with glue contains) also immediately fractures the object the moment of the impact.

I want my glass to slowly crack and then fracture. At the moment I am trying to do this manually with the cookie sop and then feed it as a pre-fractured geometry to the rbd solver.

Any ideas on the matter ? I want the cracks to form in slow motion on top of the surface of my geometry. any comment or ideas will be very appreciated
390 posts
try using a method to slowly switch between the cracked geo and the not cracked geo.

you can take a clip sop for example and keep prims above for one and prims below for the other. then just merge them back together.

id be cautious on using the cookie sop because it wont always have a clean break
59 posts
You can use a active DOP node to control a increasing rbd group.Before this you should create a pre-fractured object with a increasing geometry group.
  • Quick Links