can flipSolver affects to another flipSolver?

4746   7   2
102 posts
Hi, all
I setup tow flip solver and want they can affect each other. but when they contacted, they just through and no any collision occur.
I'm sure that the “Affector Relationship” in Merge node set to mutual and tried all type of “Relationship”. but flips still can't affect each other …Orz

it's may a silly question, but hope if there has any idea.
thanks !

iGou
Edited by - April 14, 2013 07:14:31

Attachments:
flip_n_flip.rar (98.5 KB)
Noname.jpg (26.6 KB)

373 posts
Not in the way that you are expecting I'm guessing. What you need to do is connect two sources to a single flip object and solver. Ideally you would just object merge your second source into the first at sop level and use both that way since it looks like you are only settng up an initial state, as opposed to setting up an emitter.
Ian Farnsworth
1 posts
I'm raiding your post as it has a similar request and wouldn't want to make a new post so quickly

Solitude, that is something I tried yesterday. In my scene I am running some “Collision between Flip Fluids” tests… And I encountered a problem I'm struggling to solve… Hope you can help me with this one

I have two spheres in my scene (one above the other), which I merge and set as Flip Fluid Sources. Then, using a SOP Solver (and VOPs) in the AutoDopNetwork I set the FlipFluid Particles to remain static until they come in contact with a cylinder I animated. This cylinder goes through the top sphere, initiating the simulation for some of the top sphere's particles making these fall on the bottom one. At first, it all looks good, but then I realize that some of the particles that fall, aren't colliding and bouncing of the static particles bellow, they are going through it and dribbling out the bottom once they reach it…

How do I stop this from happening? I am trying to simulate that the “static particles” are a solid geometry (so nothing can go through) and once they come in contact with this cylinder they become full on fluids and simulate away.

Thanks, and hope this helps you too igou
102 posts
thanks Solitude. thanks Antonio .

I want use multiple solver because I need different setting, like different direction of gravity. and the biggest reason is I don't want those water go to blend.
I'm just trying to create a bubble like this:
https://vimeo.com/11046292 [vimeo.com]
to avoid blending I need tow solver, I guess…
390 posts
for bubbles you can just use the same particles. have a look at the hip i posted here http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=26759&highlight=bubbles [sidefx.com]

note that you will have to turn down the particle separation to get any kind of detail
102 posts
Thank you Zdimaria.
your hip is seen easier to understand!
617 posts
you can use 2 flips to interact to each other, but that will be over killing.
imagine that have to calculate each particle against all the other flip solver, and viceversa,
i would recommend that instead use to different source but use the same flip solver. so it only calculate 1 solver, that will be faster.
373 posts
Antonio Covelo
How do I stop this from happening? I am trying to simulate that the “static particles” are a solid geometry (so nothing can go through) and once they come in contact with this cylinder they become full on fluids and simulate away.

Thanks, and hope this helps you too igou

I breifly looked into this, it wasn't nearly as straightforward as I would have liked. Flip allows for multiple particles to live inside of a voxel, and as a result it can ‘leak’ particles through other ones that should be solid, like you mentioned. You can use viscosity pretty well to some extent, but that will also make some of the particles from Sphere A stick to Sphere B when they collide. In order to set it up ‘right’ I think you will actually have to make a collision volume out of your frozen particles, keeping them out of the sim, and then adding them to the sim and removing them from the collision volume as needed. I didn't get that far in looking into setting it up right yet, but I think that it may be the best option for you to look into.

–Ian
Ian Farnsworth
  • Quick Links