cmiVFX Mograph Carve

2931   2   1
245 posts
This might be a stupid question.. but I just bought the cmiVFX Houdini Mograph video and I just cant find out how he can use the carve SOP to create rings?

Has this been changed in the latest Houdini?

I am not able to use the carve SOP like he does..

The annoying part about this video is that he just starts in the middle of the process, I cant check out the settings.. he allready has a tube SOP and just plugs in the carve sop and it works.

Anyone else who bought the video got the same problem as I have?

I use another workaround for the video which is quite ok but now im curious why he can use the carve SOP like this and I cant? :evil:
245 posts
Ok.. I found out how he did this, this is quite an important part he left out in the video but after opening the scenefile and found out what I was doing wrong.. sometime I forget there are scene files because I usually dont look at em..

He created a NURBS tube sets the first radius to 0 and then the height to 0 which results in a NURBS disc with perfect U and V coordinates.. very smart..

I hope this also helps for other people who bought the video and having the same problem!
16 posts
johnnycore
Ok.. I found out how he did this, this is quite an important part he left out in the video but after opening the scenefile and found out what I was doing wrong.. sometime I forget there are scene files because I usually dont look at em..

He created a NURBS tube sets the first radius to 0 and then the height to 0 which results in a NURBS disc with perfect U and V coordinates.. very smart..

I hope this also helps for other people who bought the video and having the same problem!

thnx!!! i was looking for that to!!!
  • Quick Links