Selling video tutorial using apprentice HD

6276   10   4
3 posts
Hello

I'm a teacher, and I'd like to know if I can use apprentice HD, to create and sell video tutorials ?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

299 posts
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1015&Itemid=320 [sidefx.com]

I would say that means no.
Drive, monkey, drive!
3 posts
Thanks for the answer.

Maybe a “school licence” allows to create and sell video tutorials ?
Privates schools sell houdini training to student so they earn money by using houdini product with a “school licence”.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

8575 posts
I'm not sure it really means no, making a tutorial about the product may be different from using a product to produce some work with it, but it simply can mean no as well
so you better ask sesi directly by email than on forums
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
3 posts
You are right I will ask side effect.

Staff
1182 posts
Yes,

You can use Apprentice to create self learning materials. Schools and training facilities need to get the education license.

Robert
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
373 posts
rmagee
Yes,

You can use Apprentice to create self learning materials. Schools and training facilities need to get the education license.

Robert

Even if you want to sell those learning materials?
Ian Farnsworth
7 posts
i haven't done any video tutorials using Houdini, but some of my friends showed me video lessons that they paid for, while the application had NON-COMMERCIAL USE all over it.
Thanks,
- Stas
678 posts
3DBuzz tutorials are made on Non-Commercial version. CmiVFX the same.
Staff
1182 posts
Solitude
rmagee
Yes,

Robert

Even if you want to sell those learning materials?

Yes. Making money while creating learning materials and building assets for Orbolt are two places where the use of Apprentice is allowed. Other than that you would be required to purchase a commercial license.
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
373 posts
Wow. That's awesome. I had been considering making tutorials for a while, since I use it every day at work, but assumed that I could not unless I had a full license – which I can't quite justify for home use at the moment – I can justify an HD license though.
Ian Farnsworth
  • Quick Links