Foreach Sop won't cook

1996   1   1
245 posts
I have an issue where I successfully (or so I believe) have run a process in a foreach sop but when I go out of the foreach subnet into the general sop network for my geo, it doesn't seem to take what's inside the foreach loop. I have included a zip file with 4 jpgs which are screenshots of my issue. They are in order or reverse order depending on which numbers in the file you use in terms of
1) being inside the foreach sop
and
2) seeing the result outside of the foreach.

I am trying to rotate semicircles about the center of the full circle and then create spheres based on that semicircle being copied and rotated and then skinned. Since each circle is a unique size I derived the dimensions from a carve of the full circle to a semicircle.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-markerline

Attachments:
problem_with_foreach_sop_not_cooking.zip (345.8 KB)

245 posts
I have come up with an alternate method of achieving the desired results. I will post my hip file in a little while (have to wait for a backup to finish).

In the new version of the file I still used a foreach sop but this time it worked as opposed to in the previous method.

I'm still wondering why the foreach didn't work the first time around. However my second method is simpler and thus more elegant.

stay tuned,
markerline
  • Quick Links