Delete geometry

2977   6   2
109 posts
Hi!

Is there a way to delete piecec of geometry permanently? If you look the attached file, it will eplain this more clearly

There is fractured/animated box. In a group SOP, i select pieces that are inside the bounding box, and delete them. The problem is that when the geo comes outside the bounding box, the once deleted pieces reappear.

Attachments:
deleteGeo.hipnc (118.7 KB)

86 posts
Like this?

Attachments:
deletegeo_109_SOLVER.hipnc (141.0 KB)

36 posts
Hi KiLa, I think the problem is you delete pieces which are inside the bounding box, so when your geometry goes through the bounding box, the deleted pieces will appear again, because they are not inside the bounding box anymore.

“scaling your bounding with the movement of your geometry”, could it solve your problem?
109 posts
@badhairday: ty for the reply, but the scene seems to behave just like the one i posted, tho i will get an error when loading it - skipping unrecognized parameter “mergeop” in obj/box/solver1/d/s/toSim

@hanton: yep, that was the way i solved it, but i was wondering if there is a “better” way to do it
86 posts
I created it in Houdini 12.5 and I'm guessing you're not using that. Here's one created in 12.1 doing the same thing. Hopefully it will work for you now.

Attachments:
deletegeo_109_SOLVER_12_1.hipnc (142.6 KB)

109 posts
Thank you! Im using version 12.5.316.22…so its a bit strange why its not working here…

But anyways - this is working fine! …intresting…

Thx again!
1743 posts
KiLa
Im using version 12.5.316.22…
It may be worth updating, if you're up to it. There have been a lot of bugs fixed since the initial release of 12.5.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
  • Quick Links