[Solved] Tie slope impossible to move in Rotoshape nodes

2457   4   1
8 posts
Hi Houdini community.

I continue to learn houdini (thanks to this wonderfull forum and special thanks to tamte who give amazing to explore .hip files).

So, I've discover Rotoshape COP node and it's very interesting but I have the folowing problem:

When I create points, what ever way I choose (handform/click) the tie slopes are always IN the point (same position). So I can't actually select them.

The only way I've found is to go in the point parameters and manually change the tie slope position, just to put the tie slope handles “outside” the point and be able to select them.

It's a little tricky to do when you have many points and I'm sure I've missed something. Is it possible to select “only” tie slope handles and not the point itself? Is it possible to create points with “large” tie slopes this way I don't need to change tie slope position in point parameters manually to be able to select them?

I've read the documentation but documentation suppose you can select tie slope handles and nothing is said about how increase tie slopes when they are almost egal to zero (in the point acutally).

Any help on htis is welcome as I found the Rotoshape node very useful.

Big thanks in advance and have a good week all!

Regards,

Dorian
Edited by - Aug. 6, 2013 11:49:58
8 posts
Maybe I'm not clear, I will give more informations and images:

- I create a Rotoshape node.
- I add points (freehand or click).
- I have no way to increase Tie Slopes (Am I wrong on this?).
- Once it's validated, Tie Slope handles are IN the points and no way to select them.
- I have to change Tie Slope value IN the parameter editor to be able to increase it and be able to manipulate it.

Can you reproduce this?

Attachments:
ScreenShot071.png (3.9 KB)
ScreenShot067.png (2.2 KB)
ScreenShot068.png (7.9 KB)
ScreenShot069.png (11.6 KB)
ScreenShot064.png (22.5 KB)
ScreenShot065.png (17.9 KB)
ScreenShot060.png (6.5 KB)
ScreenShot063.png (6.0 KB)
ScreenShot066.png (5.3 KB)
ScreenShot070.png (58.9 KB)

8 posts
Sorry for the up but anyone can try to reproduce this?

Am I alone in this case?

Thanks in advance!
Staff
5161 posts
This bug was fixed in 12.5.482.
8 posts
Ok great! I was wondering if it was me or not.
Houdini 12.5.482: Freehand bezier curve drawing in the Rotoshape COP now correctly sets the bezier slope points.
Thanks for the feedback.
  • Quick Links