HqueueServer won't start in Windows 7

1862   1   1
21 posts
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some suggestions on how to get HqueueServer running on Windows 7.

The problem I'm having is I can't even get the HqueueServer service to run. Each time I try to start it it runs for a few seconds then dies. This is what gets written to the error log (trimmed down a bit):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\HQueueServer\python26\Scripts\paster-script.py”, line 8, in <module>
load_entry_point('PasteScript==1.7.3', ‘console_scripts’, ‘paster’)()
File “C:\HQueueServer\python26\lib\site-packages\pastescript-1.7.3-py2.6.egg\paste\script\command.py”, line 84, in run
invoke(command, command_name, options, args)
File “C:\HQueueServer\python26\lib\site-packages\pastescript-1.7.3-py2.6.egg\paste\script\command.py”, line 123, in invoke
exit_code = runner.run(args)

… ending with…

File “C:\HQueueServer\python26\lib\site-packages\pastedeploy-1.3.2-py2.6.egg\paste\deploy\loadwsgi.py”, line 587, in find_egg_entry_point
possible.append((entry.load(), protocol, entry.name))
File “C:\HQueueServer\python26\lib\site-packages\setuptools-0.6c9-py2.6.egg\pkg_resources.py”, line 1913, in load
entry = __import__(self.module_name, globals(),globals(), )
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Unfortunately I don't know enough Python to make sense of this. I checked that the directories and files exist and they do.

Other stuff I checked:
-Houdini 12.5.376 is installed on the machine that HqueueServer is installed on, licensed (education) and running fine.
-I've tried installing HqueueServer from the installer and installing Houdini and HqueueServer simultaneously.
-Python 2.6 is installed at C:\Python26, environment variables are in place and typing “python -v” at the Windows command prompt tells me Python is working. (Please note I installed Python 2.6 after I couldn't get HqueueServer to start the first time.)
-HqueueServer is installed at C:\HQueueServer. The folder is shared and accessible on the network.
-The machine in question has been restarted multiple times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Phil
21 posts
Just to follow up, it looks like this was solved by simply installing from a more recent build of Houdini. Basically neither HqueueServer nor Client installed from the 12.5.376 build worked in all my tests, but the server and client installed from 12.5.469 worked on the first try.
  • Quick Links