h13 non-commercial ocean wave issue (fix included)

3332   1   0
152 posts
Hi everyone,

I just banged my head against the table a few times on this one. I was messing around with the ocean wave tool in H13 and no matter what I did, the displacement wasn't showing up at render-time.

Well silly me, the default render format for the displacement is .pic extension, but even though you use that, houdini automatically converts this to .picnc. This filename/path is being referenced in the shader, but since it's looking for the original .pic, it won't find it, and you won't get the displacement.

Fix: just manually name your output to something with .picnc format and you'll be good to go with that.

Cheers!
16 posts
itriix
Hi everyone,

I just banged my head against the table a few times on this one. I was messing around with the ocean wave tool in H13 and no matter what I did, the displacement wasn't showing up at render-time.

Well silly me, the default render format for the displacement is .pic extension, but even though you use that, houdini automatically converts this to .picnc. This filename/path is being referenced in the shader, but since it's looking for the original .pic, it won't find it, and you won't get the displacement.

Fix: just manually name your output to something with .picnc format and you'll be good to go with that.

Cheers!

Thnx. I was searching for that reason.
At some place i have no problems but at my school it doesnt displace while having the fetch connected to my mantra node. Also my displacement is clipping of on the top peaks.

Any idea about that?
  • Quick Links