Node information(middle mouse) window?

7699   7   1
58 posts
I remember there is a hot key that can open a window which contains the information just the same as if I middle mouse a op tile. What's the hot key?
8513 posts
not sure if there is a hotkey by default, but you can get the window through Right Click/Extended Infirmation…

if you want the hotkey, assign it in Hotkey Manager to /Houdini/Panes/Network Editor/Node Menu/Extended Information
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
58 posts
tamte
not sure if there is a hotkey by default, but you can get the window through Right Click/Extended Infirmation…

if you want the hotkey, assign it in Hotkey Manager to /Houdini/Panes/Network Editor/Node Menu/Extended Information
Thanks for the respond. Extended information is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a small window contains the texts that is same as I middle mouse on a node.
1904 posts
Are you thinking of the blue info (I) button that's on the Parameter pane?
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
58 posts
graham
Are you thinking of the blue info (I) button that's on the Parameter pane?
you save my life again, graham!! Thank you. Can I set a hot key for that? and HBD!!!
1904 posts
It doesn't look like it's possible to do this. Ctrl + Shift + Alt + LMB on an interface item will bring up the hotkey manager if the widget is keyable. In this case it would appear it isn't.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
181 posts
You could also fetch that information using a hotkey-bound script. The results could be sent to the status bar, shell window, or dialog box.

Hscript provides an all-in-one summary via opinfo, but there's probably a simpler Python equivalent.

Results could be presented in various ways:

1769 posts
+1

A pinnable window, that follows node selection and present the MMB information would be a nice workflow enhancer (fewer clicks).

I think there is a bunch of RFEs for this, submitted one by myself.
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
  • Quick Links