License server not serving licenses

3272   1   0
6 posts
Hi,

First time poster and Houdini newbie here.

I can't really seem to find anyone else with the problems we're having, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I installed Houdini along with the license server on a Windows 7 machine that will (hopefully) serve as the license server in our pool. I then installed the licenses by logging in to the online whatever-you-call it, and everything seems fine.

In the License Administrator on the server machine, everything looks perfect under both the Installed Licenses and Server information tabs. Green ticks and licenses everywhere.

Now, on one of the clients that I want to connect to the server, I went into the License Administrator and pointed it to the server IP. This connects just fine, but complains that “The license server does not have a valid SERVER key”. Oh well, I followed some instructions to re-install the server key, but to no avail.

Upon closer inspection (by opening the license file on the server), I can see that the new SERVER key is identical to the first one:

SERVER mocapweb d36c35dd d1a8bafbf03efc09ada9e7da93ec77cc52bd2e5c7dd8f1

I have no idea why the client complains that the server key is invalid.

The only thing that I can see being even a remote possibility for a problem is that the mocapweb server is on a different subnet, so the actual computer name mocapweb does not resolve on the client subnet. The IP works just fine though, and the ports are all open…

Help?

Cheers,
Daniel
6 posts
Just in case anyone comes across this with a similar problem:

The support guys solved the issue, it was due to the network mask associated with the licenses did not allow cross-subnet distribution.

Changed from +.+.+.* to +.+.*.* and everything started working.

Note that you can't make this change yourself locally in the license file, as I found out. You need to return the licenses and get support to re key them for you.

Cheers,
Daniel
  • Quick Links