hou.ParmTemplate.setconditional() confusion

1594   2   1
1529 posts
Attempting to decipher the following from here http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini13.0/hom/hou/ParmTemplate#setConditional [sidefx.com]:

setConditional(self, type, conditional)
Set a conditional string of the given hou.parmCondType type for this parameter. This string consists of rules on how this parameter’s display behaves when other parameters change.

See the Conditionals section of the Operator Type Properties window help for more information on this string.

The above seems to imply that the conditional should be expressed in the old hscript format ie: “{myparameter == 0}”, which not only fails (which is more then likely my fault), but feels terribly unpythonic.

Can anyone shed some light on how one might disable a spare parameter on an HDA?

Cheers,

G
599 posts
keyframe
The above seems to imply that the conditional should be expressed in the old hscript format ie: “{myparameter == 0}”, which not only fails (which is more then likely my fault), but feels terribly unpythonic.

You're still just creating parameters, which still operate using all the same old mechanisms, including the conditional format (which still requires a space between the braces and the inside text :-(). Only with Python.
Halfdan Ingvarsson
Senior Developer
Side Effects Software Inc
1529 posts
Thanks for clarifying Halfdan.

All my base is belong to hscript. :?

G
  • Quick Links