Finite Element + Rigid body

2015   2   0
1 posts
Hello folks,
i'm working on the school project in which there's a scene with a plane (airplane not just square plane ) hitting a tree and exploding. what i did i split the plane in 2 parts, the nose, which is finite element, and the rest of the body which is rigid body, make breakable. the collisions on both elements works really nice after hours of some R&D, but i got stock on one thing. i want to combine somehow the two parts, i tried constraints, glue etc. and it all got me nowhere and even my tutor at school don't know how to deal with it. maybe someone will find that important that on 1st frame i got a key on uniform force that pushes everything to the left, and the finite elements flies 5 times further than rigid body. I also made a test with 2 same tubes and it's the same so it's not geometry fault.. please help.
50 posts
About the force behavior… it looks like the density of the objects has been set/interpreted differently in both solvers. I think(hope?) there are some FEA improvements coming with next H release…
471 posts
hi
you can use complete airplane without any fracture or rigid body and 1 frame before collision you switch to your dynamic object.
  • Quick Links