importing objects from maya into OBJ subnet digital asset

4388   5   2
1799 posts
Hey guys, I have a digital asset that is a subnet with multiple geometry objects inside. How do I set the asset up so that the input fields show up in Maya?

I tried adding an input with a plug tied to an object merge, but it does not seem to work in this context

thank you!
-G
818 posts
In 13.0.469 and higher, you just need to promoting the objpath1 (from the Object Merges SOP) to the asset level. And make sure the path parameter's Op Filter is set to “Any SOP”.
Andrew / アンドリュー
1799 posts
phheeeww…. thank you
-G
1799 posts
BTW is there a way to hide the parameter without making the input 1 disappear? I am trying to avoid having it in two places. If not, no biggie, I can always stuff it in a secret corner and call it something complicated like Logarithmic ubuntu driver location and nobody will touch it
-G
818 posts
For path parameters, I hope that eventually, we can do the input selection right where the parameters are displayed. So that we don't have to “double” them as inputs. Of course, this only makes sense for path parameters. We'd still need “actual inputs” (opinput) where they currently are.

We could hide them though. I guess the fields are pretty much useless to the users right now, since the they can't really set them to anything…
Andrew / アンドリュー
1799 posts
yup right now they also seem to get an expression on them, which I wonder whether they would break if I user changes it?

For now thought it does look like I could just stuff them in a separate folder, which may be OK in the short term. Other than that, this is working very nicely!
-G
  • Quick Links