Separate and Modify Primatives

2176   2   1
68 posts
Say you have a polygon grid with particles driving Voronoi fracture.
These are extruded and exploded.
You want to modify them with something like taper (aka Twist), but not as a group individually.
How do you suggest that be accomplished?

First thought would be to fuse the polygons as I don't thing they are properly joined as primitives yet. The ExtrudedBack and ExtrudedFront groups show a correct expected count but there's no pieces? I don't think.

Second thought is to set the twist pivot to the center of each “piece” but they don't exist yet I don't think?

Further I've imagined a node like “each” doing something but don't see how to modify geo from in those nodes (which is dysfunctional), or some node to extract the pieces so you can handle them separately. Maybe “copy”?

It's really confusing. I'm lost again. Any thoughts?
5 posts
Try the foreach sop maybe?
68 posts
It seems you can't do that at all, once again (no solutions given either).
One would have to do all modification before a copy node with the second source (the template to copy to).
Then they are just duplicates so you need to use stamp to get variation.
Very counter intuitive. Others claim this is powerful but it seems to me a little off.
I'm more inclined to put a script node at the top of the copy source chain to set the variables of the nodes below based on a global variable stored array (computed earlier on the right side chain etc).

Still certain sources don't always have an input for that. Tube doesn't while Box does, it seems inconsistent. Using stamp or each modifier node's attribute boxes is simply not efficient when there are many to change (as then the same code is required in each).

Still this was not a solution for the fragments I posted about initially. I'll amend this reply if it ever does.
  • Quick Links