Selecting points from a curve and knowing its references?

3541   4   1
25 posts
Hi
I am creating a curve using just two points, P0 P1. Then I sweep a circle over the curve. Now I need something different, at some point the curvature needs to change.

I create a curve order 12, from Point P0 to point P1.
Then I want to select the point 10 of the created curve. How can I get it? How can I get the position of the point 10 of the generated curve?

I want a dynamic curve, it means that if I change P0 or P1, the two initial points of the curvature, the whole curve adapts, and I need the generated point 10 to be used as initial point for another curve.

I am using group, select by range and select the point 10 . But I cannot see its location, its references. I need to create another point from that location.

I hope this is clear enough. How can I get the dynamics references of the point 10?

My idea is I have the original curve. I do not sweep that. I get the point 10, then I can create another curve from Point0 to point 10, sweep it and Then create another curve from point 10 to 12 and sweep it different.

I am sorry if htis not the best way to do it but I am learning and this is the only way I found to do it.

Thanks
Ungria
HB
412 posts
yea, so this is really hard to picture what you are wanting to do.

i may be way oversimplifying with this example, but it somewhat hard to see what you're needing. anyways, maybe i got lucky and will point you in the right direction.

Example File [nocturnal-illusions.com]
Dave Quirus
25 posts
Hi
I want to create the impression of a tridimensional arrow

I have the two initial points. THe beginign and hte end of the arrow.

After I sweep the circle I skin.

Is it clear enoug?

Thanks

Ungria
HB
25 posts
My inputs are the point P0 and the Point P1.

I Do not have several points.

When I create the curve, I create an order higher than 4.
So I get more points.

Ungria
HB
25 posts
Hi
The answer for this question is the function point.
I found it in the help, the section of expresions.

The function allows to select a poitn form a geometry and we can know the references for its position.

Deecue: Thanks for your answer, the example was good, not really what I needed but I learned how to use the delete operator.

Ungria
HB
  • Quick Links