v14 release – Render to Mantra doesn't work

7504   10   2
99 posts
OS X 10.10.1 and multiple machines. Can't get Mantra render to start. Render to Mplay works so maybe this is correct behavior?
4189 posts
Launch Houdini from the ‘Houdini Terminal.app’ in /Applications/Houdini\ 14.0.201.13/Utilities/Houdini\ Terminal.app

and see if there are any errors
99 posts
running that doesn't launch anything and typing “houdini” gives me this:

houdini: command not found

pwd:
/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/14.0.201.13/Resources
4189 posts
hmmm - sounds like something is up then. The ‘Houdini Terminal.app’ should work by typing ‘Houdini’, and when using pwd it should be your home directory.

Is there any error, red stripes, on the mantra node when you render? Try MMB on the node if there is to see the error- usually its a missing camera.
655 posts
Check on your terminal profile that you are calling the right version of houdini, chances are if you have installed a few versions you may have a dodgy reference.

hope it is useful
3 posts
Hi,
i've just bought an Houdini indie licence, which is working but when i want to render with mantra (whatever the resolution), it doesn't work and a message appears telling the mantra license is missing/not active.
For info, i've received one indie licence but no mantra one with it… perhaps i missed something ?
Thanks
ps: working with the current Houdini 14 indie version, on windows 8.1 64
379 posts
You sure you installed all licenses? So Houdini Indie, and Render?
3 posts
that's my doubt because on my sidefx license page, there is only the ‘houdini indie’ license ( and the apprentice one ) but not the render one…:
* Houdini FX 14 ( non commercial )
* houdini Indie
* renderer ( non commercial )
go you gather i 've to contact the sidefx support about it ?
Thanks
1743 posts
@vipvip242: It sounds like you have to open up the Houdini License Administrator program, also known as hkey, and install your licenses, unless you've already done that. That's the first thing support will ask you about.
Writing code for fun and profit since... 2005? Wow, I'm getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_HFmdvpe9U2G3OMNViKMEQ [www.youtube.com]
379 posts
I think that Render one is that you should install and everything will work. It says Non Commercial but I think that is one that you should use. At least I did it that way.
3 posts
Hi, thanks for your support.
Sidefx just sent to me an archive with the missing renderer licence (perhaps because of a wrong operation on my part ).
Not installed yet because out of time but i'm sure it will work…
Anyway thanks for your help !

**edit**:
a message to ‘INDIE’ new users on windows: beware because when installing Houdini, the installer drop the ‘FX’ icon version on desktop, and not the ‘INDIE’ one: you have to launch Houdini with this one, otherwise it won't work (which is logic because this icon needs a ‘FX’ licence to work ) !
  • Quick Links