Touble creating a book - Lofting from lines? [SOLVED]

2522   4   0
25 posts
I have created a profile of a book that includes the outer cover, inner cover and pages and was wondering if its possible to ‘loft’ (use the skin node?) to join them together in a particular order to then form my book.

Hopefully the attached file makes sense, but if there is an easier way to approach this please let me know.

Thanks
Edited by - Feb. 12, 2015 08:51:50

Attachments:
book_test.hipnc (165.8 KB)

25 posts
OK I decided to come back to this after some time off and have managed to create the books cover, but I haven't got a clue on how to implement the pages into the book. If anybody could shed some light on how to go about this, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks

Attachments:
book_test.hipnc (212.8 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
does the book need to open - turn pages etc?
or is it just a prop book, on a shelf or table ?
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
25 posts
My aim is to learn Houdini well enough to create procedural assets to incorporate into a game production environment, so I am using the polycount throne room challenge [polycount.com] as an opportunity to do so.

Obviously once I become proficient enough within Houdini, I imagine that you can save huge amounts of time on creating iterations of the same object such as a book.

The aim of the book is mainly a prop to be displayed on a table/shelf, so I require the ability to alter the height, width and depth of the cover and pages. If its possible to add an open state (open from the middle), then I would definitely like to incorporate such functionality into the asset.
25 posts
Managed to crack it!

Not sure if I went about it in the best way, but it works for what I need it to which is good. If anybody has any ideas on how to improve upon this then please let me know.

Files attached for anybody who wants to take a look

Attachments:
book_test_348.hipnc (266.9 KB)

• Quick Links