How to create Big Flip Wave from Big Geometry Wave ?

4634   4   0
72 posts
Hi all , I know we can simulate a Flip Simulation based on animated geometry in naiad , Now I like to do it in Houdini .

I wanna create a large scale ocean with very big waves (storm) , I made an animating geometry for this wave , now I think I can use this for controlling a Flip simulation to achieve full dynamic simulation , right ? this is good idea for creating big ocean waves ? :?

Thanks
72 posts
Any solution ?! :cry:
72 posts
Oh , Please Houdini Masters :cry:
I really need any solution .

I wanna simulate a very big wave that falling down and breaking a big ship , I wanna make this wave with deforming geometry , then convert it to the Flip Particles , I saw before one of my friends did that in Naiad , he just made a animated wave geometry in Maya , then exported it to the Naiad with Alembic format , then naiad filled inside of this geometry with Flip Particles and finally Flip Particles behaved like reference Geometry !
42 posts
I really need this subject
30 posts
Might as well try having geo that forms the wave acting as a deforming collider / pump that pushes the wave.

You really sorta need to rnd this and then post how far you get then It's easier to help out.
Shortcuts are supposed to be hard, if they were easy then they would just be “The Way”.
  • Quick Links