Flip Fluid is evaporating into thin air at simulation time.

2671   2   0
12 posts
Hi,

I am a novice at Houdini 14 and just getting into particles and fluids. I am creating a tea pot pouring into a cup and had it working for a while but the pour animation caused it to fly out of the spout too much. When I adjusted the animation of the teapot to fix that, my fluids now begin to collapse into thin air within around 15 frames or so and I am left with almost no particles. I have tweaked all kinds of parameters in trying to hunt down the culprit of this to no avail. There is an fbx I imported to houdini but unfortunately it will not let me attach it so I hope you can maybe still see the parameters that are set. I have attached screenshots to at least show what is happeining. (I turned off the teapot geometry so that you can more clearly see what is happening.) Any help would be much appreciated.
Edited by - Feb. 15, 2015 19:59:52

Attachments:
FluidSim_Frame15.png (421.9 KB)
FluidSim_Frame10.png (427.4 KB)
FluidSim_Frame06.png (435.8 KB)
FluidStart.png (421.8 KB)
Teapot_Cup_TeaSim_08.hiplc (2.8 MB)

Houdini Indie
Windows 10 Intel i7-5820K @ 3.3GHz
MSi Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 Gb
16 Gb RAM
4189 posts
Haven't had time to check your work; see if this thread helps:

'Flip Fluid evaporation? how to stop it?'

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=35570&highlight=evaporating [sidefx.com]
12 posts
Hey, thanks for replying. I actually came across that just before posting on here. I tried the reseeding route but unfortunately it did not solve the issue. :? If you get a chance to check the work let me know if you find anything. Thanks much though for taking the time to reply.
Houdini Indie
Windows 10 Intel i7-5820K @ 3.3GHz
MSi Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 Gb
16 Gb RAM
  • Quick Links