Viscous Fluid - Stickiness HELP!

2483   2   2
2 posts
Hello Artists!

I really need your help in this one.

First of all sorry if what I ask is too simple or lame, not really sure about it.
I am working on a personal project where my main reference is Girls with Dragoon Tatoo intro.

Viscous fluids pretty much.

I have got this scene where a head comes out from a viscous flip tank, and I am struggling quite a bit with the fluids stickiness. Is there a way of controlling this parameter? The stickiness of a viscous fluid?

The head appears slowly, and I just want the fluid to smoothly leave it, but what I got instead is the whole fluid covering the face. Looking for a solution for this on the internet I found that I could use the “Gas Stick on Collision” as a reverse force, giving a velocity all over the static (head) tangent.

Apparently works great, because it makes the fluid slide and leave the face, but at the same time it makes it shake and tremble, and it looks awful.

So finally is there a way to control somehow the stickiness of a viscous fluid? Or not to make it shake by giving a collision velocity?

I am going to attach a little example scene and a some quick renders I did so between many problems you can also appreciate the one I am talking about.

Thanks you guys so much for your time and I hope you can help me.

Best!
Edited by - Oct. 22, 2015 17:28:52

Attachments:
Example_Head_Viscositytest_bak1.hiplc (4.2 MB)
TEST.mov (33.8 MB)

790 posts
take a look here:

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=31205&highlight=viscosity+collision [sidefx.com]

Johner provides a solution there.

Cheers,
koen
2 posts
Hello Koen

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

I have gone through that post, and I have used Johners solution which is by far the best option.

But if you have a look to the video I have posted, that method makes the fluid shake and tremble, and my camera is really close, and what I need is a gentle collision, so that the fluid leaves the head smoothly.

I do not know how to solve this and that is why I thought of opening a new discussion, hoping someone can get a solution.

Thank you so much.
  • Quick Links